126 WEST 73RD STREET, NEW YORK, NY
ca. 1915 steel frame studio building with glazed terra cotta curtain wall street facade. One of four identical facades on the Upper West Side. Converted to apartment residences ca. 1980. The building is located on the Upper West Side/Central Park Historic District of Manhattan, the street facade is individually designated.
Extensive restoration/replication of glazed terra cotta, stabilization of the terra cotta facade. Included was the installation of new structural steel masonry supports on the street facade, to support the restored facade and to prevent future crushing of individual detailed units. Re-pointing and localized brick masonry rebuilding were also carried out at the secondary elevations. The project was nominated for the Landmarks West Restoration Award upon its completion.
Owner: 126 West 73rd Street Owners Corp.
Agent: Advanced Management