HISTORIC ROOF REPLACEMENT
ST. JOHN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH
1 BERARD BOULEVARD, OAKDALE, NY
St. John’s Episcopal Church is a one-story wood framed building with a gable style roof, wood shingle siding and roofs, and exterior painted wood trim. The building features a three story engaged bell tower with the hip style roof. Originally called the Chapel of Princess Catherine, parts of the structure date to 1756. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The project consisted of the replacement of the historic church’s wood shingle roof. The deteriorated roof was replaced with fire-resistant, treated, hand-split cedar shingles, duplicating the existing appearance.
Owner: St. John’s Episcopal Church