PRESERVATION & EXTERIOR RESTORATION
2067 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY
1873 granite church on a prominent corner site with massive masonry bearing walls and a tall steeple with a full carillon. The figured slate roofs at the aisles, naves and steeple are a prominent feature of the church. All of these roofs, along with perimeter flashing, gutters and finials were replaced as part of the project to precisely match the original roof. The church was designed by the noted ecclesiastical architect Henry M. Congdon and is an individually designated New York City Landmark.
Full slate roof replacement along with replacement of rear flat membrane roofs. Fabrication and installation of a new sheet metal finial, new skylights, perimeter flashings and gutters. The work also included localized masonry rebuilding and repointing.
Owner: Saint Andrews Episcopal Church, 2067 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY