54 BOND STREET, NEW YORK, NY
The Bouwerie Lane Theatre at 54 Bond Street is a mixed-use, cast iron building in the NoHo Historic District. This ornately detailed corner building designed in the French Second Empire style by Henry Engelbert and initially constructed between 1873 and 1874 as the Bond Street Savings Bank. It was then home to the German Exchange, loft and storage space, and the Bouwerie Lane Theatre before being converted into a high-end residential condominium with ground-floor commercial space in 2007. The New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission designated the Bouwerie Lane Theatre and individual landmark in 1967, and it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Our project consisted of the exterior restoration of the cast-iron facade. Work included the complete removal of the existing coating, the fabrication and installation of new cast iron components, the priming and repainting of the cast iron facades, and the replication and painting of a new sheet metal cornice. The existing stairs at all three entrances were demolished, and new cast-iron stairs were installed as well. Our restoration also included sidewalk replacement and vault waterproofing.
To see the BEFORE + AFTER Click HERE
Owner: 54 Bond Street Condominium