230 RIVERSIDE DRIVE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK
The building is a multi-family residential building first built in 1931 and converted to condominium in 2004.
The project is an exterior restoration project to address leaks throughout the façades. Existing structural deficiencies were discovered and addressed during the course of the project. The restoration included roofing assembly replacement, masonry parapet rebuilding, flashing at door and window surrounds, and structural steel replacement as well as the rebuilding of the ornamental terra cotta arches at the 17th and 18th floors were replaced, as were two existing terra cotta decorative eagles. The building is located in a neighborhood calendared by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, so special attention was paid to the exterior to ensure that appropriate materials and colors were selected.
Owner: R.A. Cohen & Associates, Inc., 60 East 42nd Street, Suite 850, New York, New York